What is Ballard Seattle known for? Ballard is known for its Scandinavian heritage, and one of the best places to explore it is at the Nordic Heritage Museum. The neighborhood is also the hub of Seattle’s maritime industry thanks to the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks and the nearby marina.
Is Ballard a good area in Seattle? Ballard is a wonderful area to live in the City of Seattle. It has tons to offer in terms of reasonable housing prices, a growing scene for food and nightlife, reputable school systems, safety, and a stable housing market, making Ballard an ideal place for just about anyone to live or move to.
What food is Seattle most famous for? Shellfish is a Seattle staple, from the many places to slurp fantastically briny oysters to those that serve up geoduck (pronounced “gooey duck”), an enormous, coveted clam that sometimes catches newcomers off guard with its odd appearance.
What should I eat in Seattle?
- Oysters. The Walrus and the Carpenter. Ballard.
- Chicken teriyaki. Toshi’s Teriyaki Grill.
- Short rib pho. Pho Bac Súp Shop.
- Triple coconut cream pie. Dahlia Bakery.
- Hot dog. Deep Dive.
- Canlis salad. Canlis.
- Passionfruit yogurt. Ellenos Real Greek Yogurt.
- Dick’s Deluxe. Dick’s Drive-In.