What flowers are common in Washington state?
- Blanket Flowers. Scientific name: Gaillardia aristata.
- Shasta Daisies. Scientific name: Leucanthemum x superbum.
- Broadleaf Lupines. Scientific name: Lupinus latifolius.
- Dahlias. Scientific name: Dahlia.
- Sword Ferns. Scientific name: Polystichum munitum.
What is the most popular flower in Washington state? 1. Common yarrow (Achillea millefolium) Common yarrow is one of the most common native plants you will find in the country and is native to most all of the states, Washington included.
What is Washington’s state flower and why? As a website of the Washington State Legislature tells us, “In 1892, before they had the right to vote, Washington women selected the coast rhododendron as the state flower. They wanted an official flower to enter in a floral exhibit at the 1893 World’s Fair in Chicago.”
What flower is Washington known for? But our state flower, the Pacific rhododendron, holds a particular appeal. Rhododendron macrophyllum (meaning rose tree with large leaves), more commonly known as the Pacific rhododendron or the coast rhododendron, is native to the Pacific Northwest.