What do I need to register my car in Washington from out-of-state?
- Completed Vehicle Certificate of Ownership (Title) Application (Form TD-420-001)
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of ownership.
- Proof of emissions inspection (if applicable)
- Payment for applicable fees & taxes.
How do I transfer my out-of-state car to Washington?
- A completed out-of-state vehicle title transfer form.
- The original vehicle title.
- An odometer disclosure statement (if applicable)
- A bill of sale (if required)
How much does it cost to register a car in WA from out-of-state? $25 for cars up to 4,000 pounds. $45 for cars between 4,001 and 6,000 pounds. $65 for cars between 6,001 and 8,000 pounds. $72 for cars 8,001 pounds and over.
Can you register a car in Washington with an out-of-state license? State Overview and Advice
In order to register a vehicle in Washington State, you need a Washington State driver’s license and a Washington State address.