What are the downsides of living in Washington state?
- Home prices are high.
- There is lots of traffic near Seattle.
- The weather is gloomy and rainy for several months of the year.
- The sales tax is high.
- Threat of natural disasters.
What are the pros and cons of living in Washington state?
- Picturesque landscape.
- Robust economy.
- Low overall income tax burden.
- High resident satisfaction rate.
- Temperate year-round climate.
- Cloudy and rainy weather.
- High cost of living.
- High sales tax rate.
Is Washington a good state to live in? 1 in the U.S. News Best States ranking and is the first state to earn the top spot twice in a row. Washington’s low-carbon energy system and robust secondary education system continue to rank among the nation’s best, as does the state’s economy, the fastest growing in the nation.
Why is Washington state not a good place to live? Winters are too cold, and summers are too hot. Experiencing all four seasons comes at a cost. Washingtonians pretty much hate life from November to March, and if they live in the land of no air conditioning (Western Washington), they hate it again in July.