Is Seattle known for crabs? Seattle is a great spot for seafood of all kinds, and Dungeness is no exception. These spots are at the top of my list for Dungeness crab – steamed whole and as an ingredient with other dishes. An excellent place to get crab is… at a crabhouse!
What crab is popular in Seattle? The most popular is The Alaskan which comes with king crab, snow crab, Dungeness crab, steamed clams, shrimp, Pacific mussels, andouille sausage, red potatoes and corn on the cob.
What food is Seattle most famous for? Shellfish is a Seattle staple, from the many places to slurp fantastically briny oysters to those that serve up geoduck (pronounced “gooey duck”), an enormous, coveted clam that sometimes catches newcomers off guard with its odd appearance.
What food should you not miss in Seattle?
- Oysters. The Walrus and the Carpenter. Ballard.
- Chicken teriyaki. Toshi’s Teriyaki Grill.
- Short rib pho. Pho Bac Súp Shop.
- Triple coconut cream pie. Dahlia Bakery.
- Hot dog. Deep Dive.
- Canlis salad. Canlis.
- Passionfruit yogurt. Ellenos Real Greek Yogurt.
- Dick’s Deluxe. Dick’s Drive-In.