Is Seattle known for Asian food? Seattle’s Chinese and Taiwanese food scenes have offered diverse culinary experiences for decades, with options that span dumplings, noodles, barbecue, hot pot, and more.
What food is Seattle best known for?
- The Seattle Dog.
What food should you not miss in Seattle?
- Oysters. The Walrus and the Carpenter. Ballard.
- Chicken teriyaki. Toshi’s Teriyaki Grill.
- Short rib pho. Pho Bac Súp Shop.
- Triple coconut cream pie. Dahlia Bakery.
- Hot dog. Deep Dive.
- Canlis salad. Canlis.
- Passionfruit yogurt. Ellenos Real Greek Yogurt.
- Dick’s Deluxe. Dick’s Drive-In.
Does Seattle have a good Chinatown? While the neighborhood started as a Chinese-dominant area during the 1800s, it has since morphed into a mishmash of many cultures, mostly Asian, coming together for intercontinental traditions and delicious food. The restaurants in this district are abundant and well worth exploring.