How do I get topography on Google Maps?
- Type your location into the search bar on the left side.
- Click the “Menu” bar, which is next to the search bar and is represented by the three horizontal lines in the top-left.
- Hit “Terrain” to show topography and elevation.
What is the topography of Washington state? The region is surrounded on all sides by mountains: the Olympic range to the west, Cascade range to the east, Mt. Baker to the north and majestic Mt. Rainier, one of the tallest peaks in the continental United States, commands the view to the south.
Where can I find free topographic data?
- USGS Earth Explorer. https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/
- NOAA Bathymetry. https://maps.ngdc.noaa.gov/viewers/bathymetry/
- JAXA ALOS World 3D. http://www.eorc.jaxa.jp/ALOS/en/aw3d30/
- The National Map. https://viewer.nationalmap.gov/basic/
- US Interagency Elevation Inventory.
Where can I download free topographic maps? The National Map Download Client — Download digital Historical topographic maps (GeoPDF and GeoTIFF formats) and US Topos (GeoPDF format). Map Locator on the USGS Store — Search and download free digital maps in GeoPDF format or order paper maps.