How do I change my address with the state of Washington?
- Go to USPS.com/move to change your address online. This is the fastest and easiest way, and you immediately get an email confirming the change. There is a $1.10 charge to change your address online.
- Go to your local post office and request the Mover’s Guide packet. Inside the packet is PS Form 3575.
How much does it cost to change address Washington state? How much does a Washington change of address cost? An update to your Washington address with the DMV is free, but you’ll need to pay a fee of $20 if you want them to send you an updated driver’s license.
Do you need to change your address with the DMV when you move? If you move, you must change your address on your license, permit, non-driver ID, and vehicle records with the DMV within 10 days. If you discover an error on your address, you should correct it. When you change your address for a vehicle registration, we also update the title certificate record.
What documents are needed for DMV address change?
- Your current driver’s license number and issue date.
- Your social security card.
- Proof of your date of birth.
- Proof of your old and new address (utility bills, pay stubs, etc.)