Does Seattle have a good Chinatown? While the neighborhood started as a Chinese-dominant area during the 1800s, it has since morphed into a mishmash of many cultures, mostly Asian, coming together for intercontinental traditions and delicious food. The restaurants in this district are abundant and well worth exploring.
What food is Seattle known for?
- The Seattle Dog.
What is dim sum in Chinese? Dim sum is a traditional Chinese meal made up of small plates of dumplings and other snack dishes and is usually accompanied by tea. Similar to the way that the Spanish eat tapas, the dishes are shared among family and friends. Typically dim sum is consumed during brunch hours — late morning to lunchtime.
What should I eat in Seattle?
- Oysters. The Walrus and the Carpenter. Ballard.
- Chicken teriyaki. Toshi’s Teriyaki Grill.
- Short rib pho. Pho Bac Súp Shop.
- Triple coconut cream pie. Dahlia Bakery.
- Hot dog. Deep Dive.
- Canlis salad. Canlis.
- Passionfruit yogurt. Ellenos Real Greek Yogurt.
- Dick’s Deluxe. Dick’s Drive-In.