Do you have to report sale of car in Washington? The state of Washington charges $13.25 to report the sale of a vehicle. The seller should file a report of sale within 5 business days of the transaction taking place. If you, as the owner, gifted or donated the vehicle to someone else you’ll still need to file a report of sale.
Where do I report sale of vehicle in Washington state?
- Call 360.902. 3770. They will mail it to you within two business days.
- Email CustomerCare@dol.wa.gov to request the Odometer Disclosure form. Give your name and mailing address. They will mail it to you within 2 business days.
What do I need to do when I sell my car in Washington state? If you are selling your car in Washington, you will need a clean title and a bill of sale. A clean title means it must be legible and intact, with no rips or tears, and you must not have a lien on the vehicle. If you still owe money on your car loan, that doesn’t mean you are out of luck.
How do you write a bill of sale for a car in WA?
- Names, contact information, and signatures of the buyer and seller.
- Year, make, and model of the vehicle.
- The odometer reading of the vehicle.
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Registration and license plate number.
- Sales date and purchase price.